Tuesday, June 11, 2013

In case your wondering why Chief Bresett stopped by...





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbvUufPe-M


In case your wondering why Chief Bresett popped in for a chat, it was just after I had gone over to Pat's office to ask if he or Lynn knew if they were repairing a water main or something, 'cause the water pressure dropped, and the week before the water had turned tan for about an hour. Lynn came by and unscrewed the screen thing on the end of the kitchen faucet and cleaned it with an old toothbrush (which did the trick) and then she asked me if I was drying my clothes with the fan that was facing the closet in the hallway.

                        - anytime you have a problem with something like low water pressure, a rattling water heater,  or you just to find out if one of your neighbors went to the hospital it's fixed almost before you can say "creaming time!" - at these apts.

Lynn seemed upset that I was drying my clothes with the fan and not the dryer.

The winter before last I used a portable heater to heat the bedroom, and Lynn asked me to stop, mentioning that the electric bill for this apt. [which I don't pay, HUD + and I guess the apt. owners do] was more than the electric bill for the whole apt. building, meaning the water heater, furnace, washer + dryer and hallway lights.

This time she mentioned that my electric bill was more than my neighbor P.

It apparently irked her when I replied "Then we're making progress, aren't we?" [pointing out the time she mentioned the bill was even higher]

- All said and done, however, if any of you are apt. dwellers, and you wash and dry you clothes in a machine, you'll probably find that you save over $12 dollars a month like I did when I began clearing out space in my closets and hanging the clothes just out of the washing machine on coat hangers spaced about 1 inch apart,

In the winter time they dry in about a day..summer takes a little longer with the higher humidity.

And it saves a ton of electricity...dryers use more electricity than almost any other common household appliance.

But that's not why Chief Bresett stopped by.

Lynn asked me if I was on some kind of medication or something. I told her I stopped taking my meds in 2011 and that I had been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia.

She asked me if I owned a gun.

I told her I didn't need to own a gun because  I could steal one very easily from the guy who used to park  his white pickup on Main St. with the rifle in a rack in the pickup's rear window.

And then the pawn shop is loaded with guns and ammo and it has a plate glass window...so if someone really wanted to go on a  rampage, taking their guns away probably wouldn't stop them.

she said, if I remember correctly, "You're not planning on shooting anyone are you?'

I told her no, that I fight using the truth. [which I'll have to amend now to - I try to fight using the truth - if I would like to tell the truth]

You see, in the Fall of 1980 I saw a picture Time Life Books claimed was of North Vietnamese Army trainees using ARVN POWs who were naked and had their hands tied behind their backs for bayonet practice.

That afternoon after school and football practice I went down to the river near the red maple planted the year I was born and challenged the Devil to a fight.

The Devil must have been down in Georgia or something 'cause it apparently didn't show.

I didn't mention this to Lynn, she'll read it here same as you, but I did explain to her that Pat had said a week or so before hurricane Sandy that Armageddon was coming.

"...There is more story coming out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment